Saturday, September 24, 2005

REVIEW - Crush

Crash,
This movie is one of the more depressing movies that I have seen for a long time. We usually watch movies together with my friends and they always complain that I pick action movies, or feel good movies, comedy and not really serious movies. Well I LEARNED in my past experience that if you have more than 2-3 people watching a movie together it is a good idea to pick more neutral movies. Well yesterday I was looking for Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy (I have been waiting for it for a while now) at the movie store and could not find it in 2 stores. Then I heard from someone that Crash was a good movie. Did not know details but looked interesting. Anyways the movie is all about coincidental interactions of a few people that supposedly teaches each one of them (or the audience) a lesson about how bad racial, ethnic, religious, .. discrimination is. Well I am all against it anyways but even for a person like me there were things to gain by watching the movie. The highlight of the movie was the realization of the characters that even though we may look different with our skin color, accent, beliefs, wealth, .. we are all human and have similar building blocks and we are not so much different than each other once we are past the outside appearance.
Well another lesson that I learned is that I would probably want to stay away from LA (Los Angeles that is not Lower Alabama :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home