Friday, May 20, 2005

Tour De Cure

Here is a quote from my friend Jim.. He will be racing Tour De Cure (75 mile biking on the Mountains of Tennessee)..

"Dear Friends,

This is the last week to support me in the Tour de Cure fund raiser for the American Diabetes Association. I am close to doubling my goal so please help. Being a diabetic for the last 33 years, I have seen how devastating a disease it is. I have also seen the good things that the ADA does to help improve the lives of diabetics.

I have accepted the challenge of cycling in the American Diabetes Association's Tour de Cure fundraising event. The Tour de Cure is a series of cycling events held in over 80 cities nationwide. The Tour is a ride, not a race; it will start in Murfreesboro, TN and finish after a demanding 75 mile journey to the top of Monteagle. I have joined thousands of others to pedal in support of the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

I am asking you to help by supporting my fundraising efforts with a donation. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference in the lives of the 18 million Americans who suffer from diabetes and the 20 million people in the United States with pre-diabetes. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking on the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to the address listed below. More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's web site:
www.diabetes.org

Any amount, great or small, helps in the fight against this deadly disease. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Jim

Click here to Sponsor Me
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=2282249&fl=en_US&s_tafId=27280&pg=personal&fr_id=2306 "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home