Thursday, April 28, 2005

Template editing gives Blogger an edge

I was playing with the blogger template and found a way to change the table properties so that it covers the whole page (95% to be exact) instead of 660 pixels that they have first set it out to be..
This kind of template modification (more advanced mods are possible) gives Blogger the edge in personalization of the blog..
I will play with it some more and see how else I can make it fit me better.
For those of you that would like to make similar changes go to your blog administration and select Template tab. Scroll down in the HTML code to the section called "/* Content".
Following code makes my page look the way that it is right now (flexible table borders)
/* Content
----------------------------------------------- */
#content {
width:95%;
margin:0 auto;
padding:0;
text-align:left;
}
#main {
width:73%;
float:left;
}
#sidebar {
width:25%;
float:right;
}

Post comments for any questions..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Turker said...

For some reason, I like templates that do not fill in the whole page. It is a matter of preference though.

While you are at it, you may want to add an XML icon for your feed, easy subscribe buttons for like Bloglines, MyYahoo, MyMsn, etc.

2:57 PM  
Blogger nslite said...

OK,
I agree with you Turker so I changed my setting from 95% to 80%. I might bump it up to 85% but this looks better..
Thnx

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home